In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Home Turf.”
I have a place to live, but i can’t say that I can call it mine. So I’m going to compile a list of things that I would like in my own home that would surely make me feel at home.
- Giant, comfy couch with tons of cozy blankets and pillows for binge watching Netflix, movie marathons, and the much needed afternoon napping.
- Claw foot soaking tub with a window overlooking the beach/ocean that my property stands on. Must have a wine glass holder, and something to prop up a book and hold any necessary bath-time accessories. Rubber duckies may or may not be included.
- My own reading room, with the walls covered in books from floor to ceiling and rich mahogany, a leather chaise lounge and a stone fireplace from renaissance times. And over the mantle will be a family crest and two swords crossing. Also torches or lanterns on either side.
- A personal wine cellar with temperature control and an endless supply of cheese and bread to go along with the many wine tastings i would be having.
- King size temperpedic mattress dressed with the finest linens and supporting pillows.
- Window seats all around the house so I can sit and drink tea and think or write or when i get sick of all of the rich wood and burning embers in my reading room, to read something a little more light hearted.